Welcome to Farragut Christian Church's annual Summer Reading Book Club. Your kid is about to embark on the coolest adventure of the summer by winning prizes for reading! This year's theme is "All Aboard Reading". All Farragut Kids age 2 years through 5th grade are welcome to come aboard and participate. Participants will also be able to "adopt" a Rocky Mountain Rainbow Trout which they can read to complete with a certificate of adoption.
This year we are excited to offer a couple of extra ways to connect during book club:
~ We will have an Outdoor Library every Wednesday at 6:30pm. Your child can check out and return their borrowed books following the CDC's recommendations for social distancing. We will have separate areas depending on your child's reading level in FCC's parking lot. You can also schedule a time with Miss Dena to use the church library. Remember that you can read your own books and books from the public library as well.
~Miss Dena will read a story via Zoom every Thursday at 6:30pm. These books will count as a book read for all participants.
- Participants read books or are read to according to their reading level:
- Non-Readers - Every book read TO them counts as one. Every Bible story or chapter of the Bible read to them counts as one. Get a copy of the reading log for non-readers here.
- Beginning Readers - Every book at their reading level read BY them counts as one. Every book (less than 20 pages) above their reading level read TO/WITH them counts as one. Every FULL twenty pages of a chapter book read TO/WITH them counts as one. Every chapter of the Bible that they read or is read to them counts as one. Get a copy of the reading log for beginning readers here.
- Readers - Every FULL twenty pages read at their reading level BY them counts as one. Every FULL twenty pages of a book above their reading level read TO/WITH them counts as one. Every chapter of the Bible they read or is read as a family counts as one. Get a copy of the reading log for readers here.
- Complete a Reading Log based on your reading level as described above. See above for a link to get a copy of the reading log for your reading level. Remember to include your name on your reading log. Parents can email a copy of your reading log to Miss Dena each week or schedule a time to bring your reading log into the library.
Prizes will be awarded for 25 and 50 spaces filled in on the reading log and then for every 50 spaces after that. Additional prizes will be awarded at our Book Club Finale at our Labor Day Picnic.
Other Summer Reading Programs and Tools:
Knox County Library
Barnes and Noble
Libby App (online books free from pubic library)