Farragut Christian Church started in 1962, when members of Forest Avenue Christian Church & Johnson University decided to plant a church in Farragut. The church began in a house on Admiral Road. The first service in our current location was in May of 1964.
Since that day the church has become known for its focus on missions around the world, sending members to become missionaries. Our first minister Cyril Simkins left to do work in Africa. Several members have been forwarding agents, served on boards for other missionaries, and currently members are serving in the Middle East. Many short term mission trips that have left from this church to work in areas like, Haiti, Puerto Rico, Honduras, Guatemala, Jordan, Israel, & Ethiopia.
Our focus hasn't only been overseas. In 2003, members started an outreach called Prom of the Stars, a dance for physically and mentally challenged teenagers and adults. It has grown to a yearly event with 1200 guests coming for the evening. Members serving in our C.A.R.E. Food Pantry, Senior Meals ministry, working in Knoxville as well as Indian Reservations, continue to take serious the idea of preaching the gospel and serving those in need.